Saturday 22 October 2011

Current project - Solar Cooker

Having an interest in alternative ways to do things can sometimes lead to alot of fun, at the moment I am very interested in experimenting with solar cooking. Anyone from the Hawkes Bay will tell you that during summer it gets hot enough to fry an egg - and that's what I'm banking on :)

Now I have taken look at the cost of buying a solar cooker and the only price I've found them for is $500 NZ - gulp, so necessity being the mother of invention I have decided I am going to (over the next few weeks) get together the ingredients to put my own home made solar cooker together using the following as inspiration

http://solarcooking.wikia.com/wiki/Windshield_Shade_Solar_Cooker.
I imagine my first attempt will be very makeshift but I do hope to create a decent cooker in the end so that it can be used when we finally get into our yurt!

No comments:

Post a Comment